Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, everyone. Welcome to my blog, Let's get right to it.

I absolutely adore sports, but for the most part, I'll be pretty focused on Football, Baseball, and Hockey at all levels of the game, but with emphasis on the professional major leagues of those respective sports. 
I really love the x's and o's of those particular sports and the nuances that go into them. I really don't have a favorite between those three sports, but lets just say all three sports offer something completely different to the other and I embrace the diversity between all three and love what all three bring to the table. 
I intake a ridiculous amount of sports media each day, and to me the majority of it is garbage, alot of that we can thank the four letters for. However, there are some very special sports writers out there who inform and captivate me like none others and I gain alot of inspiration from them. Among others, I include Michael Lewis who wrote Moneyball and the Blind Side, both incredible books that brilliantly show the people involved in helping revolutionize their particular sports forever. 
I adore John Feinstein, who is famous for his "view from the inside"-themed books such as 'Next Man Up' and 'A Season on the Brink'. I really have little love for the sports John Feinstein mostly covers in College Basketball and PGA Golf, but if I want to learn about those particular sports, He's the man I'm going straight to. I'll read anything he writes.
And of course, Michael Lombardi, who has a fantastic blog at Nationalfootballpost.com. He was an NFL scout for a very long time working under Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, so he obviously knows what the hell he's talking about. Pretty much has the definitve "insiders view" of the NFL and I learn something new every day I read him, which is about the highest compliment I can give anyone.
Well, hope you all enjoy the blog postings and don't forget to clear your schedules so you can watch the NFL Playoffs this weekend uninterrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment